nv-l

RE: mib collection with smartsets

2001-10-24 15:23:21
Subject: RE: mib collection with smartsets
From: "Allie M Tate" <allie AT lsu DOT edu>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:23:21 -0500
Well - I guess I overlooked that very important aspect.  I never actually
collected any data - I probably would have noticed the reporting data to be
garbage had I entered even one device for testing.  Thanks for pointing
this out.

Now, lets assume that I wanted to do interface utilization on interfaces
that do not require 64bit counters.  I'm still back to my original problem.

Allie

                    "Paul Maine

                    Jr."                 To:     "'IBM NetView Discussion'"
<nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
                    <paulm@msicc.        cc:     (bcc: Allie M Tate/allie/LSU)

                    com>                 Subject:     RE: [NV-L] mib collection
with smartsets
                    Sent by:

                    owner-nv-l@tk

                    g.com

                    10/24/2001

                    01:35 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

How are you measuring bandwidth utilization for Gigabit devices with
Netview
since it does not have 64 bit counters? A gigabit interface counter can
wrap
every 34 seconds at max rate. Netview can handle one counter wrap fine but
beyond that - the data is garbage.