nv-l

Database Transfer Between NV7.1 and NV6.0.2

2001-10-24 14:27:30
Subject: Database Transfer Between NV7.1 and NV6.0.2
From: William.Stringfellow AT bankofamerica DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:27:30 -0700

Hi everyone,
NV6.0.2 going to NV7.1 on AIX 4.3.3

     A question came up during our upgrade scheduling meeting concerning the
transfer of databases between systems at level 7.1 and 6.02.
     We will be doing a migration build from 6.0.2 to 7.1.  We plan on doing
our admin server first (where we will do our map maintenance).  Once it is
at 7.1, but while our Monitoring NetViews are still at 6.0.2, can we push
out the 7.1 database to the 6.02 systems using the normal backup/restore
process?

          Thanks,
          Bill