nv-l

Ruleset Question

2001-10-19 09:18:38
Subject: Ruleset Question
From: Michel.Grossenbacher AT coop DOT ch
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:18:38 +0200
Hi together
Im Running NetView 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3.
I use a Ruleset to send some Events to our TEC and it should work, at last
what I know, the way that ruleset is written.
I want to send the Interface and Node down/up events but anyhow it keeps all
up events back and just forwards the not reseted down events.
The ruleset is included below and should work this way:

1. just get the Node/Interface down/up events (NetView6000 Events)
2. dont use the servers and hubs (smartset)
3. reset the node down/up events and the interface down/up events on match,
else forward it

for testing I use a hold time for 10 seconds and I send the evens manualy by
the event command.

Any help or sugestion would be appreciated

thank you a lot

Michel