nv-l

Re: How can I get status of a location?

2001-10-18 16:56:46
Subject: Re: How can I get status of a location?
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:56:46 -0400
You cannot. Other ideas? You could define a Smartset to include
the same members (for instance based on subnet), and then in a ruleset
check for down/up events for members of that smartset.

If that's not enough, tell us more about what you are trying to achieve
and ideas will abound.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                    "Gebhart, Tom

                    (CC-ETS Tools              To:     nv-l AT tkg DOT com

                    Services)"                 cc:

                    <Tom.Gebhart@conagra       Subject:     [NV-L] How can I
get status of a
                    foods.com>                  location?

                    Sent by:

                    owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com

                    10/18/01 01:18 PM

                    Please respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

How can I get status of a location?

I have router objects in location containers.  The location containers
change color on the IP Map based on the status of the objects contained
within (Status Source: Compound (Propagated)).  If I try to "Display Object
Information" on one of these location containers, I get no "IP status" like
I get with a router object.

How can I get the location to page/e-mail based on it's status?

    Tom Gebhart

        ConAgra Foods
Senior Systems Administrator
        (402) 577-3677