nv-l

Rule set stops working on its own

2001-10-17 00:46:05
Subject: Rule set stops working on its own
From: anand anupam <ananda AT bharatpetroleum DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:16:05 +0530
Hi All,

We are having 6.0.1 on AXI 4.3.3

We are having couple of rulesets mainly for forwarding email alerts through
perl scripts. These rulesets we are envoking through ESE.automation file.

Problem is, sometimes some of the rulesets stops working on its own. I have
seen the  nvaction.alog file where all the rulesets are getting registered
and I am not getting any error message there.

 I have also checked trapd.log where netmon traps are prsent but no mails
were initiated through rule sets.

Surprisingly, after doing ovstop and ovstart some of the rulesets start
working BUT NOT ALL.

Also, The ruleset not working now were working some day back.

Please suggest me where I should look into what would be the possible cause
?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Anupam