nv-l

Router marginal traps

2001-10-08 05:39:25
Subject: Router marginal traps
From: W.M.de.Bruin AT DNB DOT NL
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 11:39:25 +0200
Hi all
I am running Netview 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.

I am getting Router traps (Marginal, Down, Up, etc) generated by netmon,
with, to me at least, unknown enterprise ID´s.
For example: Router marginal with Enterprise ID of 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1
(NV6000) and specific ID of 58916974.

The specific trap ID, however, is nowhere to be found. Trapd.conf has no
reference to this trap, as does the trap customization option in Netview.
What I would like to do is customize this trap, but I first need to find
it. If I understand correctly, these traps are generated by RFI.
Anyone know where to look?

Regards
Wouter de Bruin
Network Management Consultant

`Externe E-Mail wordt door DNB niet gebruikt voor het aangaan van
verplichtingen`

`Any e-mail messages from The Nederlandsche Bank are given in good faith
but shall not be binding nor shall they be construed as constituting any
obligation