nv-l

Re: Router marginal traps

2001-10-08 07:27:16
Subject: Re: Router marginal traps
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser AT de.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:27:16 +0200
Wouter,

I found this on a standard NetView 6.0.2 AIX installation:
>grep 58916974 /usr/OV/conf/C/trapd.conf
ROUTMARG_EV {1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3} 6 58916974 N 2 0 "Status Events"

Do you have copied you trapd.conf from a system running a previous version
of NetView?

The RFI traps are at least in:
/usr/OV//newconfig/OVSNMP-RUN/trapd.conf

So if they are really not in your usr/OV/conf/C/trapd.conf
you can add them (along with a lot of others) with
nvaddtrapdconf  /usr/OV/newconfig/OVSNMP-RUN/trapd.conf

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae AT de.ibm DOT com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

                    W.M.de.Bruin@D

                    NB.NL                To:     nv-l AT tkg DOT com

                    Sent by:             cc:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg       Subject:     [NV-L] Router marginal
traps
                    .com

                    08.10.2001

                    11:39

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hi all
I am running Netview 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.

I am getting Router traps (Marginal, Down, Up, etc) generated by netmon,
with, to me at least, unknown enterprise ID´s.
For example: Router marginal with Enterprise ID of 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1
(NV6000) and specific ID of 58916974.

The specific trap ID, however, is nowhere to be found. Trapd.conf has no
reference to this trap, as does the trap customization option in Netview.
What I would like to do is customize this trap, but I first need to find
it. If I understand correctly, these traps are generated by RFI.
Anyone know where to look?

Regards
Wouter de Bruin
Network Management Consultant

`Externe E-Mail wordt door DNB niet gebruikt voor het aangaan van
verplichtingen`

`Any e-mail messages from The Nederlandsche Bank are given in good faith
but shall not be binding nor shall they be construed as constituting any
obligation
on the part of the Bank.`