nv-l

NetView discovery schedule

2001-08-28 17:46:57
Subject: NetView discovery schedule
From: "Les Dickert" <lesdickert AT hotmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:46:57
Our Cisco router guys are complaining about
NetView spiking the CPU on the routers during
the day with SNMP walks of the IP routing and
ARP tables.

We don't need to do discovery during the day, so
does anyone know of a way to turn discovery on/off
on a schedule.  I can do cron and shell scripts and
the like, just don't see any netmon'ish flags that
turn discovery on and off.

We could turn discovery on/off manually, but we're
too lazy to want to do that.  Besides, the operations
staff would probably forget to do it most of the time.

TIA,

Les Dickert
Verisign Consulting