nv-l

Re: can NetView threshold monitor a Gauge32 element?

2001-08-28 00:31:38
Subject: Re: can NetView threshold monitor a Gauge32 element?
From: netview AT toddh DOT net (Todd H.)
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: 27 Aug 2001 23:31:38 -0500

Thanks James,

Prior to receiving your reply, I did try it...and it works!  It seems
that the Threshold GUI's reliance on the SNMP v1 database in the GUI
articificially limits its collection capabilities.

It appears that if you edit snmpCollect.conf directly, you can
threshold on any variable that you can poll by snmpget.  :-)

I can post something more complete later.

As for the 0 readings, it appears that the Nokia ip600 runs very cool
unless you hit it hard--so I was able to get that CPU off 0 with
throwing...oh, 15 or so snmpwalks at it.  :-)