nv-l

Re: Realms.prp vs NetViewRealms.prp

2001-08-24 10:04:54
Subject: Re: Realms.prp vs NetViewRealms.prp
From: "Gareth Holl" <gholl AT us.tivoli DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:04:54 -0400
Configuring Realms.prp is important as it allows you to configure NetView
and Jetty Admin accounts. You can configure actual Web Client users in
either file.

For example, as well as configuring the NetView and Jetty Admin accounts
in Realms.prp, I would add a single Web Client user to be used by the
NetView Administrator (yourself most liekly). I would then add all my
users (the Operators who monitor the maps) to the NetViewRealm.prp file.
This is not a rule but it does keep admin account info separate from user
account I suppose.

Hope this helps,

Gareth Holl
Software Engineer
gholl AT us.ibm DOT com

Tivoli Systems / IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

"kaveh taghi-zadeh" <kaveh_t AT hotmail DOT com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com
08/24/2001 03:29 AM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion

I've configured some webclient users in Realms.prp.

Question: what is NetViewRealms.prp for? Difference
between the two files?