nv-l

NV Web Client: install Java Plugin in netscape - on Solaris 2.7

2001-08-21 13:18:36
Subject: NV Web Client: install Java Plugin in netscape - on Solaris 2.7
From: "kaveh taghi-zadeh" <kaveh_t AT hotmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:18:36
Hi list,

I'm trying to set up netscape 4.7 with the
Java plugin 1.3.1  on Solaris 2.7.

As I didn't find the Java plugin 1.3.1 itself
(looked in http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/)
I download the JRE which contains the plugin.
I installed JRE using the installation program.

I thought the file  'javaplugin.jar' IS the
Java plugin 1.3.1, so I just copied 'javaplugin.jar'
to netscape's  plugins  directory.

But netscape reported it cannot load the plugin
when I tried  http://<NV-Server>:8080/NetViewApplet.html

Then I also copied 'javaplugin.so' into the
plugins directory, which didn't work either...

Could anyone tell me where to get the Java plugin 1.3.1
itself (without the JRE) and how to install the plugin
in netscape on Solaris 2.7?
I'd be grateful,
Kaveh.