nv-l

xnmgraph - question

2001-08-21 06:57:52
Subject: xnmgraph - question
From: "Michael Seibold" <Michael.Seibold AT gek DOT de>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:57:52 +0200
Hi all,

I have a question regarding xnmgraph (running on AIX 4.3.1, Netview 5.1.3):

- does anybody know a trick to trigger xnmgraph-windows to update their data
(like from Menue "File -> Update Data") from batch?

Best Solution would be a "kill -xx" to send, but I don't believe this works.
But maybe there exists a little program to capture X-events and send them
afterwards to the applikation.

Background: for "proactive Network Management" (oh, I like this phrase... but
it sells very well) we use a lot of xnmgraph-windows to show the data we
collect with snmpCollect. From time to time (at least every morning and evening
and in case of any performance problems due to "bad network performance") I
have to update all these windows. A little script, looking for all
xnmgraph-windows on my display and sending them some sort of event or signal,
would be very nice...

I don't want to configure these windows to poll themselves as we use a lot of
different polling-cycles, depending on the mib-objects and devices we poll, and
I want them to be configured in snmpCollect and not in every xnmgraph-window we
have opened.

Thanks for any help

Michael Seibold
Gmünder Ersatzkasse GEK