nv-l

Digital Link dl3800 traps.

2001-08-16 11:40:55
Subject: Digital Link dl3800 traps.
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal AT erac DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:40:55 -0500
Hello Everyone.
NetView for UNIX 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3 w/ ML 4.

Is there anybody on this list that has a lot of experience with the Digital
Link traps?
We have dl3800 inverse multiplexers on our NV map because an IP address is
assigned
to the Async interface. I also have setup "interface" objects for each of
the T1 network
ports. I have successfully setup the ruleset that changes the color of the
T1 object's status
to  Critical (red) when the T1 fails. I consider Loss of Frame, Red Alarm,
Yellow Alarm and
All Ones Alarm a T1 failure. When I receive the linkUp trap for the T1 port
- I set the
object status to Normal (green).

The question is will a linkUp trap be sent after a Yellow Alarm trap is
received?

Thanks.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car