nv-l

Re: SNMP Trap Security Exposure

2001-08-16 07:28:51
Subject: Re: SNMP Trap Security Exposure
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser AT de.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:28:51 +0200
Hi,

information and patches for all platforms are also available under:
https://www.tivoli.com/secure/support/documents/security/nv_unixnt_notice.html
Logon with your Tivoli customer account.

Kind regards
Oliver Bruchhaeuser

                    Darren_Tucker@advan

                    tra.com.au                To:     IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
                    Sent by:                  cc:

                    owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com        Subject:     Re: [NV-L]
SNMP Trap Security Exposure

                    15.08.2001 00:57

                    Please respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

> He responded that he referred my note to support but
> so far, six days later, that APAR number does not show up in AskTivoli.
> I hope there will be more coming on the topic and that the APAR will
> soon be entered into the database.

You can download it from ftp.raleigh.ibm.com, username/password
nvusers/4u2usE , from the fix directory.

One of the guys here has implemented it, and he warns that you need to read
the README very carefully, as the patch will escape any non-alphanumeric
characters passed to scripts from a ruleset.

          -Daz.