nv-l

Changing SNMP community value in Netview

2001-08-09 22:40:13
Subject: Changing SNMP community value in Netview
From: "Shawn CC Chou" <choucc AT tw.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:40:13 +0800
For security concern , i changed my snmp community value from public to
another.
When i start Netview , the system told me the following error message....

# netview
LANG set to En_US because it was unset or set to C
portmap is already running
WARNING:  Unable to query this system using SNMP possibly due to:

  a) SNMP Agent not running
  b) nvsecd not running
  c) other network configuration problem on local system

  This may result in configuration and operational errors.
  You can use the following command to verify the SNMP Agent
  is operational after correcting the problem:

    /usr/OV/bin/snmpget tmr36 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0

WARNING: bypassing Tivoli NetView daemon restart.

Starting user interface applications...
Fri Aug 10 10:27:50 TAIST 2001
Please see //nv6000.log if you have startup errors.

So , do i need to make any configuration in netview daemons or in program
itself?

Best Regards,

  Shawn CC Chou
  Technical Supports and Services
  Strategic Outsourcing, IBM Taiwan
  Internet address: choucc AT tw.ibm DOT com