nv-l

Re: changing IP NetView for NT 6.02

2001-08-09 16:27:28
Subject: Re: changing IP NetView for NT 6.02
From: "Jennifer Parker" <jparker AT us.tivoli DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 16:27:28 -0400
Martyn -

Have you checked the users guide?  Page 223 has these instructions:

Changing the IP Address or Name
The following two sections describe the actions you must perform if the IP
address or host name of the NetView server or client changes.

Changing the Server IP Address or Name
If you have installed NetView in the Single User mode or Server you only
need to check the file
\%SYSTEMDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
to ensure that the entries are correct for the management station.

If you have NetView clients connected to this NetView server, check the
following on each client:
- Ensure that the client can resolve the new IP address and name.  You can
check this using the host.exe utility. Add an entry to the
\%SYSTEMDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
file for the new address and name of the server.
- Use the Registry Editor to modify the ServerName and ServerAddress
entries in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tivoli\NetView\CurrentVersion
- Ensure that the NetView share is still mounted correctly and is assigned
the drive letter indicated by the system variable NV_MOUNT_DRIVE.

Regards,
Jennifer Parker
NetView for UNIX/NT Level 2 Software Engineer
Plan Your Migration NOW!  End of Support Dates are:
NetView  V5.0    -  May 9, 2001
NetView  V5.1.x  -  Jan 2, 2002
Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
                          Ask Tivoli!
          http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli

"Martyn Oram" <martyn AT northwind DOT com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com
08/09/2001 03:06 PM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion