nv-l

Cisco Catalyst 6509 and MSFC

2001-08-08 10:39:54
Subject: Cisco Catalyst 6509 and MSFC
From: "Scott ." <pepsiasg AT hotmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:39:54 -0500
NetView 6.0.2 AIX 4.3

I received this question for one of the NetView administrators and I am not
usre how to answer his question. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Could you ask your Tivoli contacts if Netview has any problems supporting a
Cisco Catalyst 6509 with multiple Multi Service Feature Cards (MSFC).   The
MSFC is a card that allows the Cat 6509 switch to act as a router.  The SNMP
OID is shown below.  Netview does not seem to be willing to discover these
objects.  If I add them manually Netview netmon periodically deletes them.

enterprises.cisco.ciscoProducts.catalyst6kMsfc (.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.258)