nv-l

Re: node with status: unreachable

2001-08-07 08:40:59
Subject: Re: node with status: unreachable
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS AT us.tivoli DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:40:59 -0400
>> Trap found with no know format in trapd.conf, and the following -> NO
FMT IN TRAPD.CONF:1.3.6.3.1.1.5.5.

Go to the command line and type in xnmtrap.  Then use the information to
add that trap to trapd.conf (you are updating that file underneath the
GUI).  If you do not have enterprise 1.3.6.1.1.5.5  defined, then add that
first.
All the other information you need to define the trap (the number of
variables and so on) are shown in the message.

Check the Admin Guide for further information or use the Help if you need
it.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Please note that my id has changed.
If you need to reply, send to shanks AT us.tivoli DOT com
when outside of IBM/Tivoli  or  to
James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS when inside.

"Alvarez Lavin, Cristina" <calvarezl AT iberdrola DOT es>@tkg.com on 08/07/2001
06:35:14 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com