nv-l

Re: help needed NetView NT 6.02 another question

2001-08-04 16:22:00
Subject: Re: help needed NetView NT 6.02 another question
From: Bill Evans <wvevans AT attglobal DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 16:22:00 -0400
No one seems to be addressing this one and I'm knee deep in the NT side
of the product.

If all you are using is the local GUI the OVSTOP command will drop the
GUI along with all the other daemons started by the postmaster daemon
(OVSPMD) in NT.  I don't know what effect it will have on remote NetView
Consoles; my customers are using the Web Client for remote access.
My backup procedure is to use the AT facility to invoke a command at
about three AM Monday morning (AT 3:00 /every:M
"e:\usr\ov\bin\WeeklyBackup.bat") .  The file is:

    rem  WeeklyBackup.bat
    e:\usr\ov\bin\ovstop
    e:\usr\ov\bin\ovtopofix -a
    e:\usr\ov\bin\ovmapcount -u
    xcopy /E e:\usr\OV\conf\*   e:\usr\ov\backup_data\conf
    xcopy /E e:\usr\OV\databases\*   e:\usr\ov\backup_data\databases
    e:\usr\ov\bin\ovstart
    e:\usr\ov\bin\netview

Ovstop kills everything; ovtopofix and ovmapcount clean up the
databases,  xcopy takes all the files which changed during the previous
week and copies them to the backup_data directory and Ovstart kicks off
the daemons again and NetView starts the GUI so your NetView Web Server
has an open console to use.

All the Web Clients should close their maps if you have the latest level
of the Web Client (an e-fix from Tivoli).

I hope it helps in your area.

Bill Evans - Consultant in Systems Management .