nv-l

Netview events up/down

2001-08-03 14:09:22
Subject: Netview events up/down
From: "Stover, Joseph E" <josstover AT state.pa DOT us>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:09:22 -0400
I am running netview 5.1 on aix 4.2.1.  I realize that this should be
upgraded.  The system has been working fine, but recently approximately
every 21 minutes all of the nodes enter the down state, and then 2 mins
later it comes back up.    It's rather annoying, I am now trying to figure
out if it's a netview anomoly or if something is wrong with the tcp/ip
stack.  During this time, telnet sessions are extremely sluggish and my snmp
scripts (gets/walks/sets..) timeout also.
        Has anyone else had this occur?  What causes it and or fixes for it?

Thanks

Joseph Stover
Bureau of Technology Services
Pennsylvania State Police