nv-l

RE: Link Reliability

2001-08-01 13:09:11
Subject: RE: Link Reliability
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:09:11 -0400
For cases where the bad value is lower than the good value, you need to
threshold in a negative direction, which Netview cannot do - as you have
seen.
The workaround for this is to define a mib expression which is your mib
variable
multiplied by  -1. Now you can set the threshold at  -200, and the rearm
arm at -250
or something like that. To do this, edit /usr/OV/conf/mibExpr.conf and add
an
expression like:

Neg_Reliability \
"Reliability from (some.mib.variable * -1"  \
       1.3.6.1.4.1.x.y.z  -1 *

Read about it in the header of that file.
Stop/start snmpCollect to get the file re-read, and check
/usr/OV/log/snmpCol.trace
for syntax or typing errors in that file. Now when you go to add the
collection, switch
from MIB Variable to Expression and select yours off the list.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

z_esm_karekars <z_esm_karekars AT bharatpetroleum DOT com>@tkg.com on 08/01/2001
05:31:17 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com