nv-l

Re: urgent - help needed for NetView on NT

2001-08-01 10:45:40
Subject: Re: urgent - help needed for NetView on NT
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS AT us.tivoli DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:45:40 -0400
Apparently you are expecting the NT TEC adapter, which is just a port of
the old nv6000 UNIX adapter once shipped by TEC ,  to work like the
internal adapter implemented in NetView for UNIX using nvserverd.  But they
are completely different.   They do not share any code.  The NT version,
which was originally TEC code, doesn't know or care about log-only events.
It looks at OIDs based on the CDS file.  And if you want traps from other
vendors like Compaq and Cisco then you have to edit the CDS and other files
to include them.  The default Filter Mode is IN, so you have to include a
Filter statement in the CONF file as well for each new class.

My advice is to get the TEC Event Adapter Guide and read about how to
configure an adapter there.  NetView does not ship such a book.  We do ship
the NT TEC configurator  (\usr\OV\bin\tecconfig.bat) which is a big help,
but that is limited to NetView events.

It's not easy.  The NT product was never designed to be as flexible as UNIX
is.
Good luck.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Karsten.Schweiger AT GECITS-EU DOT [email protected] on 08/01/2001 07:44:16 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com