nv-l

Re: Event Forwarding to T/EC

2001-07-26 11:15:42
Subject: Re: Event Forwarding to T/EC
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS AT us.tivoli DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:15:42 -0400
Since it is nvserverd you does the actual forwarding to TEC, just as it is
nvserverd who does the actual forwarding to your event windows, "Log Only"
and "Don't Log or Display" has the same results.  nvserverd does not make
them available to the end process.  pmd has no role for NetView in this,
you must be thinking of OpenView in this regard.

You like "Log Only".  It should not hurt the other processes in NetView at
all.  They get their events directly from trapd.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

helmut.schroeder.hs AT bayer-ag DOT [email protected] on 07/26/2001 07:15:48 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com