nv-l

RE: Ruleset for Paging

2001-07-25 18:22:18
Subject: RE: Ruleset for Paging
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan AT nz.unisys DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:22:18 +1000
Judy,

To page after hours, James suggested me before to use an action followed by
inline action. The inline action performs a script to check the time and
exit(1) or exit (0) (shell script terms) depends on current time. The action
does the paging, I called the nvpage command to do the paging.

Attached is a development script, will give you a rough idea of time
comparison of time and supported nodes after hours. It has some logging in
it for testing. I am sure you can improve it.

Hope it helps,

Jack