nv-l

Re: mib2trap usage

2001-07-24 12:36:27
Subject: Re: mib2trap usage
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS AT us.tivoli DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:36:27 -0400
Bill -

Is all there is to the MIB?  mib2trap must have either TRAP-TYPE (SNMP V1)
or NOTIFICATION-TYPE (SNMPV2) statements in the MIB which define a trap
otherwise it has nothing to do.  In that case the output files would be
empty.

If there is more to the MIB and you still get no output, try loading the
MIB with xnmloadmib2 the SNMPV1/V2 loader and see if you get error
messages.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"McCarter, Bill" <mccarter_we AT naptheon DOT com>@tkg.com on 07/24/2001
10:08:34
AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com