nv-l

Problems with changing IP Address of Netview server

2001-07-24 08:37:57
Subject: Problems with changing IP Address of Netview server
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ AT tlc.state.tx DOT us>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:37:57 -0500
Hello,

I moved my deployment box to production running AIX 4.3.3.7, Netview 6.0.2,
Framework 3.7.1. but when i brought up netview gui, the IP Internet map changed
; it did not keep some of my customization.

The Old production box and the backup box were on the same subnet and all I did
was.
1) brought down the "old production" box running Netview 6.0 and Framework
3.6.2-disable it at the port and cleared the arp cache of the router.
2) followed the procudures on page 41-42 of the release notes 6.0 to change the
ip address of the server. (added a 1).
3)the hostname did not change.
4) when i brought Netview up. some of the nodes on the IP internet map
disappeared. and I ended up with a lot of new objects in the holding area.

Before I moved it into production, the "deployment" box was doing snmp gets and
polling. I used a seed and location file and the maps were "perfect". It was
running side by side with the production box for a couple of days without any
problems. Why did the map change so drastically?

Can someone explain what happened?

Thanks