nv-l

Instances of a router

2001-07-24 05:23:38
Subject: Instances of a router
From: "Jesus Corral Arroyo" <jesus_corral_arroyo AT es.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:23:38 +0200
Hi all,
I am collecting data of some routers and, when I customize the Data
Collection and Threshold SNMP.... one of the fields I have to fill up is
Instances. So, my question is if there is a way using NetView to see the
correspondence between the number of the instance and the IP address of the
routers cards. I mean I know there is a MIB where you can see the IfIndex
and I do not know if the number you can see in this IfIndex is the number
of each instance of the router. If so, it should not be difficult at all to
get the correspondence but I am not sure things work this way. If not, How
can I get this correspondence?