nv-l

Reinstalling TMNH - LCF Images Installed

2001-07-20 07:38:08
Subject: Reinstalling TMNH - LCF Images Installed
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:38:08 +0100
I'll preface this with "I know TMNH has been withdrawn, and it won't be
supported with Framework 3.7.1, but ........."

AIX 4.3.3 TMR Server with FW 3.7.1 plus patches 1 2 3 7 10.

Installation of the Tivoli Manager for Network Hardware Gateway 2.2
failed - I think it may be suffering from the same documented problem
with installing NetView on FW 3.7.1 whereby a parameter substitution
goes wrong and an extra space gets added to one of the variables in the
installation script (see IY18735 for details).

I think I have fixed the index file and am trying to uninstall /
reinstall TMNH gateway.  My problem is that whatever I do, an install
always insists that the LCF images are already installed (it was in the
LCF area that the initial install failed).

I have reverted to a database backup prior to the TMNH install and
eliminated all traces of the product in all .installed directories
(there weren't any entries to do with TMNH in the .installed directory
under lcf-bundle !).  I'm reinstalling using CLI with "!" overwrite
options for all directories (but there is no LCF directory option ??).

How can I persuade a reinstall to reinstall the LCF bundle parts?

Thanks,
Jane
--
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant & Instructor
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565