nv-l

RE: Color not propagating to submap

2001-07-19 13:09:40
Subject: RE: Color not propagating to submap
From: "Scott Barr" <scott_barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:09:40 -0500
Okay I may be missing something here but I am looking at a similar
situation. We use location.conf to segregate the networks into geographic
areas. Then I cut the routers from the IP Internet submap into the location
icons. When they are pasted, the links to the subnets are drawn and
everything looks fine. But I know that I have routers in marginal status
with Green icons from time to time (no specific issue right now)

So my question is, should the smartset symbol for a router AND the
cut/pasted symbol for the router always show the same status and should that
status be marginal (yellow) when an interface is down? I think what I am
doing is the way Leslie says it should be done and therefore am wondering if
I am looking at a bug?