nv-l

Re: Multiple nvevents windows upon startup

2001-07-17 16:17:05
Subject: Re: Multiple nvevents windows upon startup
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS AT us.tivoli DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:17:05 -0400
Each operator can have as many event windows started automatically as he or
she wishes.
(1) Open all the event windows you want started automatically.
(2) In the initial window, pull down Options and click "Save Environment"
(3) In the initial window, pull down File --> Exit
(4) in the user's home directory copy /usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents
(5) change the permissions on Nvevents to allow you to write to it
(6) edit Nvevents  and change
     nvevents.LoadEnvOnInit : False
     nvevents.LoadEnvOnInit : True
Be careful that you actually remove one letter from "False" when you change
it to "True" because this is an X default file and X will not recognize
"True " (the word "True" followed by a space) and equal to "True".

When the user restarts the events window all his previous windows will be
restarted.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON AT arinc DOT com>@tkg.com on 07/17/2001
03:15:30 PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com