nv-l

RE: Netmon died

2001-07-12 09:50:32
Subject: RE: Netmon died
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:50:32 -0400
A clarification on Kevin's observation:
Unreachable things in the seedfile are not a problem. But
unresolvable names in the seedfile ARE. If you do
ovstatus netmon
it will tell you if that is the problem and direct you to
/usr/OV/log/netmon.trace. That file will list all of the unresolvable
names so you can fix them. If netmon was down, it will fail to start.
If it was up and you did a 'netmon -y', it will refuse to reload the
seedfile.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

Kevin Gow <kevin.gow AT csfs DOT com>@tkg.com on 07/12/2001 07:08:42 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com