nv-l

Re: Slightly OT - CiscoWorks2000 and Netview

2001-07-10 11:47:15
Subject: Re: Slightly OT - CiscoWorks2000 and Netview
From: "Frank W. Hansen" <fhansen AT enterpriseinnovations DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:47:15 -0500
Craig,

you can perform a sync from NetView to CiscoWorks.  That is a true
statement.  I would say that you should populate your RME inventory
directory from CW2K due to several factors.  When you create an inventory
item in RME you add things like: TELNET password, SNMP R/W community
Strings, Enable password and Secret password. So that means that if you do
perform a push from NetView you will still have to update these attributes.
It has been my experience that it is easier in the long run to populate from
RME.

Best Regards,

Frank W. Hansen
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant