nv-l

Re: pinging to unmanaged interface

2001-07-09 09:26:19
Subject: Re: pinging to unmanaged interface
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:26:19 -0400
Pedro, netmon only pings things that are managed. So the interface
must be managed somewhere. Look under 'Tools...Display Object Info'
and see where it says 'Maps Managed' and Maps Exists' and 'IP Status'.
It must think you have more than one map, and it is managed in at least
one map. You can do 'ovmapcount -a' to correct any inconsistencies
in the number of maps.

Now  get to Version 6.0.2, since it is possible that there was a defect
in 6.0.1 causing your problem.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

parduengo AT airtel DOT [email protected] on 07/08/2001 03:08:51 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com