nv-l

RE: Compaq Insight Managment Agents

2001-07-06 10:45:03
Subject: RE: Compaq Insight Managment Agents
From: "Stamper, Steve" <Steve_Stamper AT foremost DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:45:03 -0400
We use CIM agents and have NetView collect statistics and trigger thresholds
from them.  Much more complete than the Micro$oft MIBs.  Works great.

browse to your hearts content.  I'm having a bit of a struggle with trap2mib on
the Compaq MIBs - they don't extract without some 'dinking' around.

Go fireup a Compaq server, have the server guys load ALL the insight agents,
load your MIBs, check the community strings, and start browsing.  You'll be
surprised just how much you will find!

Thanks² - Steve Stamper
Grand Rapids, MI