nv-l

Re: authentication failure traps

2001-07-03 09:16:33
Subject: Re: authentication failure traps
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS AT us.tivoli DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:16:33 -0400
Ray -
 fic_unix_12.fic.com is the name of the box that Steve used in the sample
event he posted.
It is not a web site.  It is the name of host in his network.  What I am
saying is that you turn on the snmpd trace in the host that is sending the
authentication failure traps and the trace on that box will tell you who is
doing it.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal AT erac DOT com>@tkg.com on 07/03/2001 07:25:08
AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com