nv-l

Database Size Under NetView/NT

2001-06-29 11:54:24
Subject: Database Size Under NetView/NT
From: "Perry J. Spada" <pspada AT telcordia DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:54:24 -0400
We are in the process of migrating from NetView/AIX to NetView/NT. We have
noticed that our \usr\ov\database directory has become quite large. The
three files which seem to be abnormally large are:

\usr\ov\databases\odbc\netview.ldf
-    10,923,713KB
\usr\ov\databases\odbc\netview.mdf
-       2,076,416KB
\usr\ov\databases\openview\ovwdb\current\value_info.pag                  -
1,709,256KB

We are currently managing a network of 2000 nodes bases on the NetView/NT
node count. We are also using
MS/SQL 7.0. We would like to know from any other accounts using NetView/NT
if the number above are unusual and
what can be done to manage the growth of these databases more efficiently.

Thanks,
Perry Spada