nv-l

Anyone using Sun Management Center Agents

2001-06-23 23:46:28
Subject: Anyone using Sun Management Center Agents
From: ScotR <scotrn AT pilot.infi DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 23:46:28 -0400
Hi;

  I searched the list archive and didn't find much on this..

We have ~300 Sun servers and it seems that I should be able to
install just the Sun Management Center Agent on my hosts and
use my Netview Server to poll them. I know that Solaris comes with 2
default mibs but I
am looking for more details than they provide. Like what is in the health mib.

After a weekend of fooling with It I have ucd-snmp-4.2.1 up and running on
one box in about an hour but I am still curious....

Is anyone using these agents and how ?

Thanks