nv-l

for those running AIX 4.3.3, Framework 3.7.1, Netview 6.0.2: out of colors

2001-06-13 16:00:03
Subject: for those running AIX 4.3.3, Framework 3.7.1, Netview 6.0.2: out of colors
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ AT tlc.state.tx DOT us>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:00:03 -0500
I am running AIX 4.3.3, Framework 3.7.1, Netview 6.0.2

I keep getting "out of colors using defaults" when I start tivoli desktop. I
was getting the error before but I had netscape running (and only Aix and
Framework loaded). Once I closed netscape, it worked ok.

Now, after I Installed netview 6.0.2, and i start the desktop. i get "out of
colors" nothing is running. (not even Netview gui)I am not running CDE only
Xwindow.

I checked the archive and the tivoli website, but most state if you are running
other applications/netscape, netview etc. I opened a call with Support but they
say its an OS problem..-there's an apar open as well.

Has anyone experienced this and fixed it? What is the recommended VRMF level
that Netview should be in AIX?