nv-l

Re: Win2000 SNMP agent question

2001-06-04 16:05:30
Subject: Re: Win2000 SNMP agent question
From: Jim Corrigan <corrigan AT KiNETWORKS DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:05:30 -0400 (EDT)

we provide the ability to gather system resource info including
CPU, disk and memory as well as a process list. If you
manage your systems from a UNIX system or OVMS you can
also redirect the NT or Win2k systems display to your
UNIX or OVMS system's display.

We also provide a transparent mode that allows you command line
access to the NT or Windows command line w/o having to use
telnet/telnetd.

You can generate events on resource thresholds being exceeded
that can be sent to OV, NV, TEC or BMC Patrol Event Manager as
well as SNMP.

To ftp and install

ftp ftp.kinetworks.com
user: anonymous
password: email

cd /CLIM/NT
bin

get nt40nodemonitor.exe

or /CLIM/Win2K

bin

get win2knodemonitor.exe

To install the software

Create a file using NOTEPAD with the file name "config.kfc"
on the C:\ driive. Place the following single line:

NODEMONITOR

Save it and exit

execute nt40nodemonitor.exe or win2knodemonitor.exe
It is a self-extracting zip file.

If you want to display the NT or Win2K display to your UNIX or
OVMS system, install WinVNC from their site or get from
our NT and Win2K directories

win2kclimremote.exe
OR
nt40climremote.exe

We provide this software at no charge to folks with UNIX systems
who need to manage NT and Windows environments.

Jc

>hi,
>
>I would like to collect various kind of performance statistics over SNMP
>from Windows2000 boxes (like CPU and memory utilization, etc.). I had a
>look to Windows2000 SNMP mibs, and it seems that most performance related
>statistics can be obtained from standard Host MIB, which does contain only
>few interesting variables.
>Does anyone know if Windows2000 SNMP agent has any additional modules
>(developed my MS or freeware), which could provide more information about
>node performance? Or are there any other possibilities to augment
>Windows2000 SNMP agent?
>
>best regards,
>risto

Jim Corrigan
President/CEO

voice:     +919 462 6490 x 22
fax:       +919 468 5797
mobile:    +919 349-8767

email:     Jim.Corrigan AT KiNETWORKS DOT com

SnailMail:

Ki NETWORKS, Inc
102 New Edition Court
Cary, NC 27511