nv-l

RE: RS6000 / AIX mib for HP OpenView

2001-06-01 18:45:12
Subject: RE: RS6000 / AIX mib for HP OpenView
From: "Paul Maine Jr." <paulm AT msicc DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:45:12 -0500
How can I obtain the extended agent?

-----Original Message-----
From: Einar Jóhannesson [mailto:einar AT hp DOT is]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 5:46 PM
To: nv-l AT tkg DOT com
Subject: Re: [NV-L] RS6000 / AIX mib for HP OpenView

I tried
"snmpwalk <host> ibm.ibmProd.netView6000SubAgent.nv6saFileSystem"
returns
"no MIB objects contained under subtree"

Einar

I recall from my IBM years that the std. AIX agent was different from the
one
that is installed when netview6000 is installed on an AIX server.

edboos AT us.ibm DOT com wrote:

> Try
> snmpwalk <rs/6000> ibm.ibmProd.netView6000SubAgent.nv6saFileSystem
>
> I did, and got info much the same as the "df" command.
> the mibtable command can format this info nicely.
>
>              IBM eServer iSeries 400
>           Large Network Environment
>                     9W5/025-2/E106
>          Rochester MN        8-553-4033
>                   edboos AT us.ibm DOT com
>

>                     Einar
>                     Jóhannesson          To:     nv-l AT tkg DOT com
>                     <einar AT hp DOT is>        cc:
>                     Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] RS6000 / AIX
mib for HP Openview
>                     owner-nv-l@tkg
>                     .com
>

>                     06/01/2001
>                     04:46 PM
>                     Please respond
>                     to IBM NetView
>                     Discussion
>

> Hi.
> I am looking for ways to get information about filesystems on IBM
> AIX/RS6000
> systems, using HP Openview.
> Does anyone have information about the AIX snmp agent
> i.e. does the AIX snmp agent have this information
> and which mibs are available and where, that I can load into NNM to
> collect
> the data.
>
> I have found a rs6000 mib a ibm-unix mib anx netview6000 mib,
> loaded those into my HP Openview management station.
> The only thing that looked promising there was info under
> ibm.ibmProd.netView6000SubAgent.nv6saFileSystem
> I tried querying the variable
> .iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.\

ibm.ibmProd.netView6000SubAgent.nv6saFileSystem.nv6saFileSystemTable.nv6saFi
leSystemEntry.nv6saFileSystemBfree