nv-l

Re: Netview 6.0.2 Unix vs NT

2001-05-31 18:47:29
Subject: Re: Netview 6.0.2 Unix vs NT
From: "Les Dickert" <lesdickert AT hotmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 18:47:29
I agree with everyone about staying on your
UNIX platform.  I have found (as I'm sure you
have) that my NetView 6.0.1 running under AIX
4.3.3 it so tied to UNIX that I cannot think
of moving it to NT without starting all over.
I have a lot of pure UNIX scripts that help
me administer NetView (and our network) that
technically are not part of NetView, but are
indeed part of the whole nut that I keep pounding
upon.

Tell your bosses that hardware is cheap compared
to the price of your effort to re-implement
(notice I didn't say move) your NetView.

Les Dickert
Verisign Consulting