nv-l

Re: Polling is slow

2001-05-22 14:33:01
Subject: Re: Polling is slow
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:33:01 -0400
Dean -

I hear you and I am sympathetic.   I worked for a state government myself
for 8 years before joining IBM.
But in my case there was nothing like telling your boss that, should an
outage occur, Support couldn't help you because your maintenance level was
too old, to get the OK to put on something more current.   5.1.1 was not
considered by NetView product management to be a stable release (too many
APARs too soon), which is why it was followed by 5.1.2 and 5.1.3, both of
which are not new function but maintenance releases.  5.1.3 has been much
more stable, which is why 5.1.4 has been delayed for so long.  If you have
to rely on a 5.1 release while you perform a lengthy migration, then you
should go to 5.1.3 first.

Good luck

When you look at your netmon trace, try doing nslookup on the nodes which
show up there and see what kind of response you are getting.  Anything
other than lightning fast is a netmon disaster.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Dean Sullinger <DSullinger AT dot.state.az DOT us>@tkg.com on 05/22/2001
02:13:32
PM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com