nv-l

Re: Missing Nortel Symbol Files

2001-05-17 12:02:51
Subject: Re: Missing Nortel Symbol Files
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 12:02:51 -0400
Tyr running ovw -config.  Merely adding the symbols is not enough

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Dean Sullinger <DSullinger AT dot.state.az DOT us>@tkg.com on 05/17/2001
11:43:39
AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com

To:   "'IBM NetView Discussion'" <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] Missing Nortel Symbol Files

I recently built up a new server to eventually place Netview 602 on.  At
this point, I have it up and running with 511 and our current database.
The
problem is that it has been so long since I have did this I can't remember
where to get the symbol files from.  When I open the RootMap, I get all
kinds of errors saying "Missing Symbol File".

I have our original Netview 511 server still running and it does not have
these errors.  Is there a file(s) someplace that I can copy over that will
have all the symbol files in it?  I tarred the /usr/OV/symbols/C directory
and moved it over and it mad no difference.

Any help would be great.

Thanks