nv-l

nodes are not on the desire map.

2001-05-15 11:46:55
Subject: nodes are not on the desire map.
From: "mtfuri" <mtfuri AT fibimail.co DOT il>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 18:46:55 +0300
Hi all,
I am using netview 6.0.1 on aix 4.3.3.
I am using location.conf with the following text:
NENET 10 State
NEWMATAF city 10.11-18  city NEWNET
VLAN103  10.11.103 Site NEWMATAF
VLAN104 10.11.104 Site NEWMATAF
VLAN201 10.12.101 Site NEWMATAF
that worked fine for me until last weak, e.g at the Vlan103 map I got (On the
most detailed map ALL the nodes which had an
ip address start with 10.11.103).
In the last week, after I deleted the Nv6000 data base, I am getting only the
snmp-managed nodes in the proper map,
Most of the nodes (which are not snmp manage) fail into the State. This happens
in most of the Vlans but not in all of them.
What could possibly change????
Is It a subnet-masking problem.
Any help will be highly appreciated....
TIA