nv-l

Re: SysObjectID database !!!

2001-05-15 09:59:05
Subject: Re: SysObjectID database !!!
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand AT kardinia DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:59:05 +1000
At 02:57 PM 14-05-01 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi All.
>
>Is their a database from which you can find out given an Object ID to
>find out the product type ?. e.g. if it is a CISCO router and its series
>information ???
>
>Thanks,
>Krishnan.

Are you asking specifically about Cisco producrs or are you just using this
as an example?

Cisco has a MIB module called CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB that defines SysObjIDs for
their products.  Look in the snmp_mibs directory on your NetView system for
it. If you can't find it there you can download it from Cisco's web site.
If you still can't find it let me know and I'll send you a copy.

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand AT kardinia DOT com