nv-l

Re: MIB Data Collection

2001-05-14 17:20:54
Subject: Re: MIB Data Collection
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 22:20:54 +0100
I suspect the Cisco variable that you quote is defined as an INTEGER type,
rather than a COUNTER (from the MIB Browser, drill down to your variable and
use the "Describe" button).  A COUNTER is an increasing integer whereas an
INTEGER is simply a snapshot value eg. a CPU MIB variable might be 5 on one
sample, 95 on the next and back to 5 again on the next sample - that would be
type INTEGER.

If your Cisco variable is defined as an INTEGER but behaves as a COUNTER, you
can use /usr/OV/conf/mib.coerce to force NetView to treat it as a COUNTER -
then I think you will find it behaves the same way in
/usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect as your real COUNTER variables.