nv-l

Re: ovwdb tracing.

2001-05-13 23:41:34
Subject: Re: ovwdb tracing.
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 23:41:34 -0400
If something weird is going in, I would expect to see messages in the nettl
log.
Check the Diagnostics manual for adjusting the level of reporting in nettl.
I have seen ovwdb get out of hand when I get carried away with Smartsets,
and when I use them too much in Rulesets, but then you usually see a rise
in nvcold as well (provided it can get any cpu). Especially if you get a
lot of traps.
You might try stopping nvcold and see if ovwdb settles down. If it does,
then thin
out your Smartsets, refine your use of them in Rulesets (eg always check
Trap
Settings before checking the Smartset), or get more cpu. If not, call
Support?

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

BAUDOUX BERNARD <bernard.baudoux AT fortisbank DOT com>@tkg.com on 05/11/2001
08:48:56 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com