nv-l

RE: Netmon does not detect connections from or to our Fire wall

2001-05-11 11:00:46
Subject: RE: Netmon does not detect connections from or to our Fire wall
From: John Mackney <john.mackney AT uk.logical DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:00:46 +0100
We've already opened up ports 161 & 162 to udp. The remote systems are being
NATed by a router on the far side of the firewall, and the SNMP payload is
being translated by Tivoli CNAT. We can ping all the nodes, and the systems
seem to be sending SNMP events to our NetView server. Its just that the
connections that don't get mapped!!!

I added the router between the customers router and our firewall to our seed
file, and now that shows up as a managed object - only not connected to
anything else on the map. Is that normal for seed file entries?

John Mackney
Technical Design Authority
Logical eBOC
Logical (UK) Ltd.

Email:      john.mackney AT uk.logical DOT com