nv-l

SNMP configuration and Specific Nodes added

2001-05-09 02:26:00
Subject: SNMP configuration and Specific Nodes added
From: "Gruner Mike" <mike.gruner AT rfv.sfa DOT se>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: 9 May 2001 08:26:00 +0200
Hello,
I'm on Aix 4.3.3 and NetView V 6.0.2 , I've had problems with nodes added on
the specific nodes in the SNMP configuration screen , but
this should have been solved with Apar IY13966 which is fixed in the NetView 6.
0.2 version in the release notes. The problem is that I keep
getting these specific nodes which have the same community name as the global
setting in the SNMP configuration-screen. Our environment is
that we have just included by means of seedfile only our routers in NetView and
we are pollling 2very 2 minutes with Timeout set to 5 and retries set to 4.
I'm getting a little bit tired of manually deleting the entries in the Specific
Nodes ...