nv-l

Re: snmpwalk/MIB Browser/Demand Poll Trouble.

2001-05-05 12:55:10
Subject: Re: snmpwalk/MIB Browser/Demand Poll Trouble.
From: don-n-darla AT att DOT net
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 16:55:10 +0000
Ray,
You have already done a lot of troubleshooting but, I
believe your problem is still a combination of name
resolution and SNMP community configuration.
Use "xnmsnmpconf -resolve <target>" to verify
SNMP community configuration.
Replace <target> with IP Addresses of interfaces
and short/long names. I think you will find that the
ones that do not work may be using the "default"
community name instead of the one specific to the
firewall device.

Do the same with the host (not nslookup) command to
verify that all IP Addresses and short names resolve
correctly.

You may need to put entrys in /etc/hosts to fix this.
Example:
x.x.x.x  firewall5  firewall5.rentacar.com  # ethernet0
y.y.y.y  firewall5  firewall5.rentacar.com  # ethernet1

Note: Same Name, different Addresses

Verify that your /etc/netsvc.conf allows local name
resolution.

The Mib Browser is greyed out because netmon never
sucessfully config polled the device to set the SNMP
managed field to True.

Good luck,
Don Davis